Love Bubbles

Feb21Feb16

feb18

Feb22Feb19

Feb15

Feb17

Feb25Feb24Feb23

Valentine’s Day. The day of love, cupid, chocolate, flowers, stress. Why do I never know how to get a grasp on this particular day? The boys seem geared up to celebrate this year, maybe because Jacob is busy getting his Valentine’s ready for his school mates? Something that he has never thought about in the past. Last night we made warm beeswax candles, a treat from Heather’s Hibernate course that I have loved this past month. What is it about the smell of warm beeswax? It is so soothing and perfect for cooler winter nights. It just beckoned for a long bath and a good book.

Landon and Emma Jeanne spent the day yesterday surrounded by bubbles. Love bubbles to be exact. Could anything be simpler or provide more hours of fun? A glittery pipe cleaner bent into a heart shape, and homemade bubbles that we keep in a jar and constantly pull out when the weather permits. Emma hasn’t quite gotten the grasp on how to blow the bubbles yet, but it is darn cute to watch. Elwood often blows them for her, and she chases them with giggles and glee. Oh this last little one of mine, she has the wildest of spirits, and the heart of an angel.

There is so much knitting going on right now. Do you all have knitting bursts? I often find that I can work on one project for months, and then all of a sudden I have made three sweaters in a week. There must be something to that. The fair isle is the Leftovers Cowl and I am in love. Seriously, I don’t want to ever put this down, but I have so many other things to finish up this week that I must. I am starting a weaving class tonight with my friend Stacy, and I can not wait to get my hands moving through the loom. Something else new and exciting to adventure with. I have had the strongest desire in the last few months to get out of my comfort zone and explore new techniques. I love learning new things, it makes me feel like I can always be young, always be relevant. I need that.

I wish you all a weekend full of love, of calories, and of many new adventures.

Tonya February 12, 2015 at 12:18 pm

That colorwork is beautiful Heather – something I really want to try as I, also, have wanted to move beyond my comfort zones this year. Beautiful photos – thank you for sharing.

Heather February 26, 2015 at 9:09 am

Colorwork is so amazing, and is much more fun than I thought that it would be! I hope you dive in and enjoy.

Kim February 12, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I think I need to add some flowers to my evening bath….looks lovely. Your knitting is amazing, I love seeing all the fair isle floating around lately, one day I need to try it out. Enjoy your weekend.

Heather February 26, 2015 at 9:10 am

Thank you! Flowers have become a necessity in these weeks of grey and snow. I find myself craving them, and moving them all around the house :).

Imene February 12, 2015 at 3:59 pm

We never really celebrated it Valentine day. My children like making cards for their friends at school but other than that we keep it low key.
I agree with the knitting. Sometimes I feel a spurt of knitting and I think it has to do with the degree of enjoyment for the pattern.

Heather February 26, 2015 at 9:10 am

I agree with that Imene. Some days I really want to work on things, and others the pattern and I are just not getting along at all.

KC February 12, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I like exploring new crafts. I really want to try out ceramics. I took a class back in college and I loved it so much. I considered changing majors…. I’ve thought about it ever sense.

Heather February 26, 2015 at 9:11 am

Oh ceramics would be so much fun! My boys love their pottery classes.

Andrea February 13, 2015 at 10:10 am

Yes, Valentine’s Day is such a weird holiday…a bit too heavy on the expectations for my taste…but I still put in the effort to make it fun in a low-key way. I adore that cowl. I need to find something similar that uses up worsted and aran yarn. And little ones blowing, or trying to blow bubbles is the cutest thing ever. We have a video of one of my sons blowing bubbles on this third birthday and it slays me to pieces every time I watch it.

Heather February 26, 2015 at 9:11 am

I would love to find something that uses up worsted weight yarn too! I will let you know if I come across a good pattern :).