A Creative Moment

October 10, 2012

Oh my, October arrived and I did not document it here. Time is running fast these past few weeks, while the weather turns cold, my older boys celebrate a birthday each, and I find myself staring, sometimes rather blankly, at  my computer screen.

When I envisioned writing a book with Bernadette, I knew that it would be tough, but neither of us ever could have imagined just how tough. When we began Rhythm of the Home all those years ago, we had a very clear vision. We wanted to bring the idea of family creativity, a love of nature, and a true belief that everyone had the ability to write, create and educate to our community. I don’t think that either of us ever thought that so many people would give their time and their talent to the project, but  that they have done. The ROTH community comes together every three months with so much passion for giving back, and we are always in awe of all that is offered up so generously.

When we considered writing the ROTH book, it was with that community in mind that we began. This is a chance to take the reasons for ROTH and put them into our own words, this is our chance to really write. I believe in Rhythm of the Home more than any other endeavor that I have been involved in. I believe that it is needed and good and so full of love, and somehow, Bernadette and I want to get that across on the pages of this book. It is also the golden chance to document a decade (nearly) of friendship and work between the two of us, and how often does that opportunity come along?

So for now, here I sit. Everything else is going to take a back seat as we wrap up these last few weeks of writing, photographing and editing. I know that one day soon I will sit with my kiddos, open the pages and smile at all that was poured into this project, and for that I am so very grateful.

Gerri Smalley October 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Sending you strength as you push forward! xxO

geek+nerd October 11, 2012 at 6:26 am

I cannot wait to see the end result. Until then, I hope that you enjoy the process as much as possible!

Alexandra October 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

Sending good writing vibes to you! The good thing about deadlines is that you know there is an end in sight and you’ll have something lovely at the end of it!!

Adrie October 13, 2012 at 6:07 pm

You’re almost there! Blessings on your final haul, and much love to you and yours. Can’t wait to talk gluten free bread once you emerge from this project – we’ve almost got one we love at the bakery.

Daffodil Angel October 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Good luck with your wonderful creation, I shall look forward to the finished book. Love and Light.

Kim Akari October 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

You can do it! It’s going to be wonderful and I’m so excited to see the finished result of all your hard work.

Lisa Q October 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

it’s those tough things that end up being the most worth it in the end….hang in there…can’t wait to see it all in print!

Stephinie October 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Like everything that is hard to work for… the results will be well worth it.
and I can’t wait to see it either 😉
~stephinie

Sigrun October 21, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hi, Heather. It has been a long time since I allowed myself the luxury of blog surfing. Am just barely getting back into a routine of intermittently blogging. My, the boys have grown. I really enjoy reading about your culinary adventures and the schooling experiences. I wish you all the best in your book venture. ♥

AG Ambroult November 14, 2012 at 5:35 am

yay! I CANNOT wait to read every word of that book. I can only imagine just how hard you worked on it, but I know it’s going to be GREAT,