Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/29/4232629/html/index.php:3) in /home/content/29/4232629/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 62
Those Things They Love to Hear - Shivaya Naturals

Those Things They Love to Hear

June 25, 2012

I am proud of you
I loved watching you do ……..
You create such beauty
You make me happy
Today was so much fun to be with you
I enjoy creating with you
I am so glad that you want to spend time together
I appreciate your help
I love you, always.

Our words are so powerful, and I have been spending a lot of time lately thinking of the things that could be said to make sure that my children always feel loved, always know how much they are valued. Time moves so quickly, and the older they get, the more important my words become.  When they look back on these years, I hope that what they remember me telling them was how much I loved spending time with them, how proud of them I was at their desire to reach their goals, how creating with them was always the best part of my days.

Our words are so quick to be spoken, but they hold the feelings that they will take with them for a lifetime.

Kelly June 25, 2012 at 7:01 am

So true and so important to keep in mind!

Liz June 25, 2012 at 7:18 am

So very, very true, and soooo much better than…
I SAID, clean your teeth
Pick it up
Sit properly on your chair
Don’t do that!
…and the many other negative/practical things I, at least, find myself saying too often.
Thanks for the reminder.

Joy June 25, 2012 at 7:44 am

I agree! Another one that came to mind seeing your photo was “you are such a good big brother”. I try to say that any time I see the olders (or even the little) being sweet to each other. I hope it helps to cement their already tight bonds.

Lisa Q June 25, 2012 at 11:03 am

so true and so beautifully spoken. thanks heather!

KC June 25, 2012 at 4:33 pm

You are so right. Thank you for the reminder. Anytime I say something less then kind in the heat of the moment of because I am over tired or over stretched, I feel so sad. Do you have any suggestions for keeping kind words even in the tough times?

Also do you have an suggestions for starting a yoga routine with a almost 3 year old and a almost 1 year old? My practice has fallen away with these two little ones. I like to make it part of our morning routine if I can. Just not sure how yet.

Stacey June 25, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I really need to be reminded of these today…this season of heat and fires which has everyone tense.

~ joey ~ June 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I love this post and this reminder. The thoughts are so often in my head, I should say them more often.
xoxo
~ joey ~

Nicola June 25, 2012 at 10:40 pm

You put perfectly into words something I have been trying to very consciously live lately. These words and the gentle actions that go with it have done so much to improve my calm and the calm of my children, naturally.

imene June 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Words mean so much to our growing little ones. Sometimes I choke so a hug and a look conveys my emotion. I hope they will grow to believe and remember how important they are.
Thank you for the wise words!

molly June 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm

the nature hunt is excellent (will be using…)
the egg muffins make my tummy rumble (will be making…)
but this is my favorite, far and away. so simple. so true. so easy to forget.
thanks, heather.

AG Ambroult July 6, 2012 at 2:38 pm

yes. thanks for that reminder.

Shannon July 9, 2012 at 7:48 pm

So, so very lovely. Such a joy…to be a mother. xo

megan July 10, 2012 at 8:00 am

oh thank you! This is just what I needed today! I was meant to read this just now 🙂 I feel I’ve been losing it lately with the kids and I’ve been trying to slow down and think about what I’m doing but its been hard.