Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/29/4232629/html/index.php:3) in /home/content/29/4232629/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 62
In Celebration of Six Months - Shivaya Naturals

In Celebration of Six Months

August 29, 2011

It is hard for me to believe that this little one

Has become this little one
Landon turned six months last week, and we celebrated with a first meal, and a millionth hug. I have said it so many time before, but my goodness time flies. I remember those first months of his pregnancy so vividly, those first few moments of holding him, and all the thoughts and blessings that I laid onto that sweet head the first time we “met”.
It feels like just a moment in my life has gone, and a lifetime has passed before me since he arrived. Having 5.5 years between Elwood and Landon gave Joel and I so much more perspective as this little one has come into our lives. We know that slowing down isn’t an option, that our time with him (and the other boys), moves so fast. We know the things that we can let go of, like the dog licking him, or eating an ant on the floor, and the things that we should hold so dear, like reading him a story every night before bed, savoring those extra ten minutes that we might be able to steal away to just rock him.
Landon has given us so much time to reflect on Jacob and Elwood as well. My he looks like a combination of both of them, and the memory of their early lives has been so strong these past months. I remember how open and awake (literally and figuratively) Jacob was in those first years, seeking out the world that awaited him. I remember that Elwood thought that those first meals were there for the pleasure of throwing across the room, and our walls were an open invitation to color on. I remember the details, something that has faded as they have gotten older and I have been immersed in the lives of (almost) 8 and 6 year old boys.
My dear friend Valarie recently inscribed a message to Jacob, Elwood and Landon on the inside of her beautiful first book The Fox Diaries“. In it she said “Just like my foxes, I’ve watched you grow little by little”. That statement has given me great pause, because that is a joy that I share. This online world of ours has seen many babies come, grow, and explore their world. We have shared so many thoughts for each other, prayers, blessings, laughs and cries. I have savored every moment of these past 6 months, and I have felt so much gratitude towards all of the blessings that you have brought to my boy’s lives over the past 4 years (yes, 4!!). I hope that one day they will be able to look upon the hundreds of comments for their well being and happiness and smile as much as I do.
Hat and booties beautifully knit by Stephinie
For today, we have a baby entering into a very full time. There are so many adventures to come in these next few months, so many firsts. I am excited to be there as he grows, and to share his joy with all of you.
For those who have come through Irene, my family and I are keeping you in our thoughts. Be well my friends, and many blessings for this beautiful week ahead.

Meryl August 29, 2011 at 5:54 pm

And what a beautiful six month old guy he is!

Stephinie August 29, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Goodness was that hat ever just MEANT to be on your sweet boys head! He's gorgeous Heather 🙂 I know just the pause and savoring you speak of…. and as always, thank you for a peek into your journey.
With Love
~Stephinie

sheila August 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Adorable! Enjoy every moment!

Kelly August 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm

wow, 6 months already. time does fly by so fast.

emmalina73 August 29, 2011 at 9:50 pm

6 months? Really?! Honestly where does it go? He is a yummy pie, sending snuggles from Canada for that beautiful baby boy x

anushka August 29, 2011 at 10:17 pm

he's so so adorable and looks so much like his brothers as you say. it's so interesting how the boys can be so alike yet so unique at the same time. i love those 'stay-on booties' by the way. they're my favorite bootie pattern.

cindy August 29, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh he's still such a little peanut, what a delicious baby! Naia who is 10 months now looks like Godzilla in comparison 🙂 She's still not trying foods but oh man is she on the go go go go go go go GO! Enjoy your bub!

Valarie August 29, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I must have blinked because I cannot believe that six whole months have gone by. I promise to never blink again. My eyes are wide and focused. Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us and the beauty of your days. Here's watching you and sending you much love and hugs to the little men.

Tania August 30, 2011 at 12:06 am

It is a lovely age and I totally agree that the five and a half year gap (very similar to the gap between my 2nd and 3rd) does give you so much more perspective and you realize how quickly the stages and phases go. How cute is he in his little knitteds? Just discovered your blog recently and it is a lovely one 🙂

Kerry @ City Kids August 30, 2011 at 1:20 am

Beautiful post. I love the picture with the hat! So precious.

Sachi August 30, 2011 at 1:23 am

What a sweet little one you have there Heather. Thanks for sharing him so openly with all of us. It seems like he was meant to come to your family at the exact time that he did. What a wonderful life…

heirloom seasons August 30, 2011 at 3:14 am

Oh good, he is still a little baby! I was afraid I would look at the pictures and see someone grown even more. Such a sweet family of blue-eyed boys you have! Love to you all, Renee XO

FrontierDreams August 30, 2011 at 3:47 am

It's crazy isn't it?! How did our new babies become half of a year already?! It seems to fly be fast and faster with each one 🙁 Such beautiful photos Heather. XOXO

Melinda Taylor-Kelly August 30, 2011 at 4:41 am

WOW! 6 months already! I can not believe how big Landon is that is wild that it has been 6 months! I know that time flies, my baby is 9 years old, and that for me is just so crazy, as I can remember those few moments of her life. A hug to you, because I know that it can be a bit hard, but also so exciting!

a little crafty nest August 30, 2011 at 4:48 am

Heather…First, I am smitten, absolutely smitten, with that wee one. For he is still wee, though I know just what you mean. My thirteen month old was born last week, I think. My oldest is on the threshold of a whole new phase of childhood and I'm invisibly trying to tug him back, keep him so innocent and little. But alas, the bittersweet duties of mamahood force my arms to let him fly. It is all too brief, soaking it all up now is such a privelege. Thanks for the beauty and love emanating from your photos and words!
xo Jules

Ann August 30, 2011 at 6:19 am

I can hardly believe it- six months old and just so adorable. The hat just captures that special moment. Treasure always.
Happy Week

earth mama 101 August 30, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Oh my I love that pic of Elwood feeding Landon. He really does look so much like him now. Congrats on your 6 month journey. I know what you mean about being mindful of stealing away a couple minutes for just the babe.

:)Lisa

Anna August 30, 2011 at 2:40 pm

How is it I can smell that baby smell through my computer and just want to gobble him up? Oh, he is so adorable and clearly so very loved. Congratulations on 6 months. Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness. — A

molly August 31, 2011 at 3:28 pm

oh, heather, those expressions! if he is half as magical as those enormous, joy-filled eyes, you must thrill at the sight of him each morning.

happy half-birthday to your sweet, sweet landon. and to think, the adventure is just yet beginning…

xo,
molly

agambroult September 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

so true. Someone not familiar with these circles on online friends might think we're a little nuts, but honestly? I really do feel proud of Landon, and have a little place in my heart for him — and all the other blog babies and kids (hee) I've watched grow. Sometimes I am stunned to see how much they've all grown.
And that Valarie. She embodies kindness and love.
(and that LANDON! HE embodies cuteness. )

Nicola @ Which Name? September 2, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Happy half! Six months was often more emotional than one year for me. What a cutie he is! So like his brothers. What a lucky family you are.
Happy to catch up here…my summer took me offline in the nicest of ways.

Taisa September 3, 2011 at 3:28 am

Oh my, that is one cute baby! Happy six months sweet boy!

cathleen September 8, 2011 at 12:55 am

Six months already? Wow! Heather, he is totally adorable…that little face of his is just so sweet!

Shannon September 15, 2011 at 3:46 pm

What a beautiful post, Heather! And such beautiful boys! It brings tears to my eyes as I'm so observing the miracle of life these days. My sweet baby just turned 11 months and we are already planning his first birthday. What? How is that possible? And you are so right – it does make me pause and reflect on how my 3 year old is growing and changing, too. All we have is this moment and we must experience, treasure and live it. xo