Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/29/4232629/html/index.php:3) in /home/content/29/4232629/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 62
Changes - Shivaya Naturals

Changes

June 30, 2009

When I went to write my blog post today, I noticed that the past few posts have been pretty heavy on the reflections. I realized just how backed up I am with the projects that need to be completed. I was sitting at my sewing table this morning, and I counted eight pieces that need to be finished up in the next week, which is kind of crazy (although I am excited to share them with all of you). I think that I have let life overwhelm me a bit, and I always hate playing catch-up from moments like these.

I also have a lot of changes coming up with our store. First, we are closing the current online store, and moving it to a simpler and smaller website. The web address will still be the same, but rather then a straight knitting/yarn store, Shivaya will now focus on a variety of handmade and natural products that reflect a bit better the things that I love; hand sewn originals, embroidery, knitting, naturally dyed yarn, and natural soap and oil. There will not be huge selections, but rather pieces will come and go as they are completed.

I loved getting the opportunity to create Shivaya, and to spend my days working at creating a line of natural dyed yarns, but at the same time, I feel a large pull to return to my main responsibility, which is caring and raising my little ones. Employees, 20 hour work days and not being available for my kids as I should be is not the right path for us, so Shivaya will now become a small, speciality shop that reflects my love or art, while still allowing me to be here with my family.

Nothing will change with the blog, and hopefully it will just keeping growing and getting better.

To answer the one question I have gotten most since I made this decision; yes, we will still carry our yarn, but in a very small amount. I will be posting here to the blog, as well as to our newsletter when we have new items in the store.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to make Shivaya what it is. I hope that you will join me as I take a slightly new path.

julesinseach June 30, 2009 at 8:06 pm

That sounds like a wonderful decision. Sacrifices in one aspect of life are bonuses in others.

Well wishes to you on this new path.

Tammy June 30, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I look forward to seeing all the wonderful new creations that you come up with. You have such beautiful yarn, and I wish you much luck on this new path.

stitching under oaks June 30, 2009 at 8:45 pm

so good that you can see the needs in your life and your family and bend to meet them. What a blessing that is! Blessings on you as you venture around this new bend in the road.

laceandsteam June 30, 2009 at 8:48 pm

I'm so happy that you're going to be sharing your art and the things you love with us. I will continue to wish you the best as you refocus and hope that these changes bring you joy, peace, and balance.

I'm excited to see your hand sewn originals. I'm getting back into sewing myself these days. Your sense of color and world conscious ethics have been inspiring to me as a knitter. I can't wait to see what you do with needle and thread.

Sharon July 1, 2009 at 3:49 am

I am going to miss your yarn, but I am very excited for you for this new adventure. You seem to love your kids so fully, and they are all that matter

SugarMama July 1, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I really sympathize with your feelings of having piled up projects. It is so easy to get caught up in the busy life and miss some of those special moments of really connecting with our families. I hope these changes give you an opportunity to really focus on what fulfills you and the children.

Allegra July 2, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to the new shop. I look forward to seeing all of your creations. (I'd still love to get my hands on some of that beautiful yarn we talked about for the feather and fan shawl…)